My Blog List

Friday, June 15, 2012

Turquoise Book Shelf

As a junker, every once in awhile, you find something that makes the Heavens open up and shine down upon you with a chorus of angels in the backround...this turquoise bucket of paint was just that find!
&...it was a mis-tint...$7.98!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy snap, I love it!


I had to put this stuff to work ASAP!
Found this book shelf at an estate sale for only $2!!!  It had the teacher's name and RM # carved into it. It started life as a dirty light blue, needed some TLC!


Sneaky Seargent creeping toward the newly black shelf...he can't resist a beautiful paint job!
Decided to paint it black, so when I distressed it, black would show through.




So I painted the turquoise over the black, then applied a stencil with craft paint.

My favorite part, distressing with the mouse sander.
 



So in the above shot, you'll notice that the stencil doesn't line up as it bends around the curve (as my awesome husband pointed out) . I did not mind at all! In fact I love it off-set!








Hmmmm....dreammmmy!

Ok, so do I sell it or keep it as a shoe shelf???





No comments:

Post a Comment